Although Exchange Server 2013 support 16 TB of database size but still we insisit to go for 2 TB as recommendation. Is there any reason for it ?…Yes as follow
1. Larger volumes takes longer time to backup and restore
2. It takes huge amount of time for replicating larger volume to the passive copy database in case of disaster
3. Background maintenance that is performed by the managed folder assistant will utilize more time
4. The risk profile of losing a large volume or device is significantly higher than losing a smaller device or volume.
5. It utilize significantly longer to check disk for integrity if there is any type of corruption